OCTOBER 2020 UPDATE
Taking into account the evolution of the COVID-19 outbreak and the mobility restrictions, the 2020 edition of HAIS is going to be 100% online.
DUE TO THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK, THERE ARE SOME NEWS ABOUT THE CONFERENCE:
- HAIS 2020 moves to a blended conference.
- Video presentation formatting issues
- Video presentation submission
HAIS 2020 moves to a blended conference
We are glad to announce the new final dates for the HAIS 2020 conference: from 11th to 13th of November 2020.
We would like to thank the authors and delegates for their patience during these COVID-19 outbreak.
For conference organizers, delegate’ health has priority over all the other matters. As a result, the 2020 edition of HAIS is going to be blended, combining on-site and on-line participation. Conference delegates can choose one of the two modalities:
- on-site (as initially planned): delegates will meet at the conference venue and will deliver oral presentations of papers if allowed by international and Spanish regulations. Social and other parallel activities could be modified according to the imposed restrictions. We strongly encourage taking into account that there may be travelling restrictions when booking flights and accommodation.
- on-line: delegates will join the conference through the Internet, without travelling to Gijón. Tools for accessing presentations and networking will be available.
The type of registration (and associated payment) could be modified until 10th September 2020. No registration modifications will be accepted after this deadline.
It is compulsory for both modalities to submit a video-presentation of papers (.mp4 file). The deadline for video-presentation submissions is 27th September 2020. Instructions for the video-presentation format as well as submission can be found in the following sections. Delegates implicitly consent the publication and dissemination of their video-presentations through the conference digital channels, that will by publicly available.
Registration fees for each one of these modalities are already defined and available at http://2020.haisconference.eu/registration/registration-fees/
All accepted and presented papers (both modalities) will be included in the conference proceedings (at least 1 registration is required). Additionally, these papers will be considered for its possible inclusion in a special issue of the following journals:
- Neurocomputing (Elsevier). 2018 JCR Impact Factor: 4.072 – Q1
- Logic Journal of the IGPL (Oxford University Press). 2018 JCR Impact Factor: 0.609 – Q2
To let additional researchers join the conference, paper submission has been reopened according to the following schedule (see http://2020.haisconference.eu/general-information/dates/):
Paper Submission Deadline: 27th May 2020
Acceptance notification: 12th June 2020
Submission of revised papers: 19th June 2020
Final version submission: 1st July 2020
Payment Deadline: 1st July 2020
Video-Presentation submission: 27th September 2020
At least one author from each accepted paper should register in the conference, no matter the modality, by the 1st of July 2020.